Reporting back on recently "coming out" to my daughter
Rikki Renee
2003-11-25 22:02:07 UTC
Recently, about two weeks ago, I posted a request for advice on "coming
out" to my daughter. I'm sorry to take so long to report back on what
happened, but work has been a problem because of other people off sick
and I wanted to wait til after she had seen me dressed en femme to make
sure she wouldn't..well..freakout or something,lol. Well, she took the
talk very, very well and said she loved me and felt no different about
me : ) she even gave me a big hug. I took everyone's advice and told her
while I was dressed in drab,but I did make a compromise, I wore a bra,
panties, and pantyhose under my male clothes, I think that did help make
me feel calmer and none of it was visible. Since then she has seen me
dressed completely feminine and her attitude is better than I could have
hoped for, she even offered to let me use her makeup : ) The only thing
is...she admitted that she's a little jealous because she thinks my legs
look better than hers, my wife said the same thing about my legs looking
better than hers, also. I do think my legs are attractive shaved and in
hose but I'm just wondering if they are just "playing " with me.
Thank you all for the help and advice, especially you, Laura, I used
alot of the suggestions that are in the "coming out" FAQ you posted. I
have been reading the posts here for quite a while, but didn't know if
it would be ok for me to post anything but I'm so glad I did and will
probably be posting in the future too, if that's alright. Now that my
wife and daughter know the real me I just have to tell the rest of the
world, that may take some more contemplation though, lol. My
thanks,again. Huggles : )
Rikki Renee
L D Blake
2003-11-25 22:51:00 UTC
Post by Rikki Renee
Thank you all for the help and advice, especially you, Laura, I used
alot of the suggestions that are in the "coming out" FAQ you posted.
Glad I could help... and glad it went so well.

-----

Laura
Rikki Ward
2003-11-26 01:25:59 UTC
Hi Rikki

Just a work of warning to still take care, and go slow with your wife and
daughter. They know OF Rikki now, not ABOUT Rikki and her implications.

You have had years to come to terms with her (and are probably not there
even yet!). They have had a few days at most. Let them dictate the pace, and
even then you might have to slow things down a bit.

All the best

Rikki

:)

Rikki Renee
Rikki Renee
2003-11-26 18:32:52 UTC
Hi Rikki,
I'll take your advice about going slow. My wife has known for over 20
years, my daughter has only known for a couple of weeks now, sorry I
didn't make that part clear. I do appreciate your advice and I will keep
it in mind. Thank you and by the way, very cute name. (giggles)
Huggles : ) Rikki
Renee
Sarah Grae
2003-11-26 04:17:50 UTC
Glad to hear about another success story. With each one, society is one
step closer to accepting crossdressing.

I agree with Rikki's advice on going slow. Having just had a postive
experience telling someone I crossdress, there is a desire to keep things
moving very quickly. I have to keep the reigns on myself a bit. Once the
desire subsides, I will be in a better frame of mind to make important
decisions about my next step.

Again, congrats on your success.

Sarah
Rikki Renee
Rikki Renee
2003-11-26 18:38:28 UTC
Thanks Sarah, I've been reading your posts and kinda living vicariously
through them,lol. I probably won't ever be brave enough to go out in
public as you have but I fantasize about doing it and I'm rooting for
you girl. Huggs : )
Rikki Renee
L D Blake
2003-11-26 19:06:31 UTC
Post by Rikki Renee
I probably won't ever be brave enough to go out in
public as you have but I fantasize about doing it
and I'm rooting for you girl.
So... go do it. Really... in this day and age there's no reason to waste away
living a closeted life. I'm sure if you asked Sarah 6 or 8 weeks ago she
would have also said she'd never muster the courage... If she can do it, hon,
so can you!

-----

Laura
Sarah Grae
2003-11-27 05:54:20 UTC
There was a time I said those same words about not going out in public.
Little by little, I started wearing more girly things at home, and then
finally experimented with makeup. Once I achieved a decent female
appearance, I got bored with staying inside. I wanted to "test" my work and
see if I could pass. The rest is history.

Keep in mind, I am at a point in my life that doing this is "easy" for me.
I live on my own, have a good job, and have had some other motivations
pushing me a bit as well. If "the worse" had happened, my life would have
become more challenging, but would not have fallen apart completely.

It's important for you evaluate your own situation. Weigh the risks, and
don't let fear be the deciding factor.

Sarah
Rikki Renee
L D Blake
2003-11-27 06:25:22 UTC
On Thu, 27 Nov 2003 05:54:20 GMT, "Sarah Grae"
Post by Sarah Grae
It's important for you evaluate your own situation. Weigh the risks, and
don't let fear be the deciding factor.
Exactamundo!

-----

Laura
Rikki Renee
2003-11-27 11:32:39 UTC
Sarah,
The risks to my job and ability to support my family are a BIG factor
that keeps me "closeted", taking care of my family comes first. Just
so everyone knows I've been crossdressing since I was 12 and I have
memories of telling my mother that I wanted to be a girl and wear girl's
clothes when I was 4 or 5 years old. She did what most mothers would
have done in 1964, she told me I shouldn't feel that way and everyone
would think I was a sissy and noone would like me. I just wanted to let
you know I'm new to this discussion group but not new to being
transgendered. The things my mother said to me hurt and made me feel
ashamed of being the way I am, but as I have grown older and wiser, I
hope, I am not ashamed or embarrassed of the person that I am, I just
can't allow the ignorance of society to hurt my family simply because
society would judge me as my mother did and most likely take measures
against me...aka fire my butt from work,lol. I do love to be able to
have contact with people that are like me and understand the struggle
being transgendered adds to our lives, and this group is a fantastic
forum for all of us. I love reading your posts, Sarah,and although
I've never met you in person and don't really know you, I feel kind of
proud of you because you are showing the enfemme you to the world and
who knows maybe someday I'll be able to do that too. Oh my! I'm sorry
for rambling on like I am,lol.
Huggles : )
Rikki Renee P.S. Remember : always
keep smiling no matter what happens, it makes your friends happy and
confuses the hell out of your enemies.

Jane Cox
2003-11-27 08:20:53 UTC
Is anyone else with me in saying that your daughter deserves a fair bit of
praise and credit here too???

As one CD to another, you can pass on my regards to your daughter Rikki.

Jane Cox
Rikki Renee
2003-11-27 10:50:10 UTC
Jane,
I'm very proud of my daughter for being able to think for herself and
make up her own mind about things and not just take society's views on
life. I'm sure all of our lives would be a lot happier if everyone did
that. Thank you for recognizing that she deserves praise for this
ability and I will be happy to send your regards to her.
Huggles, : )
Rikki Renee